03 April 2007

Dubai World Cup 2007

Was very upset to have to miss the races this year. Love to get dressed up and all the buzz in preparation to go out and have fun.
Last year's World Cup needs to be erased from my memory. Champagne was lovely, but too much champagne can't be good. I remember I kept introducing my female friend to a good-looking Lebanese guy whom I just met. I think I introduced them a few times (if not more) and for some reason I kept saying that the guy was from Jordan. From what I remember, he didn't object. He probably thought there was no point. It was really embarassing. My new year's resolution was not to drink champagne like that EVER again.

Well one thing is of consolation: it wasn't just me. Here is what I found on one of the popular Dubai blogs:


"Being a Brit I have a lot to be proud of; however, having been witness to the disgusting behavior of a small but very noticeable number of Brits at the Dubai World Cup, I can only hold my head in shame.I lost count of the amount of women I witnessed there that were so inebriated that they couldn’t stand up without assistance from a friend. I lost count of the amount of men yelling at the top of their voice some derogatory comment about Arabs. I wish I had a dirham for every woman that passed me saying “My fxxking feet, are fxcking killing me”.I watched in horror as a woman stood yelling at the top of her voice at her boyfriend (poor man) because he had left her alone for ten minutes - presumably to escape her foul mouth and her ugly breasts that seem to be trying to escape from her two sizes too small dress.I was appalled to hear from my friend of a fight in the woman’s toilet between two 30 year old women. I watched in amazement as a drunken man asked my friend if he thought his girlfriend looked good in her dress and hat and then tried to fight him when he told him she looked beautiful.Sadly the above is just a few of the events we witness; on what was otherwise a beautiful day at the races. Although, also not sure about the on fire horse! Why are the Brits so shameless? Are we not used to drinking Champagne? Do we not know when to stop? Do we not care about anyone else around us, including children? Do we not care about what others think of us? And why is it only the Brits - I didn’t see any Lebanese, Jordanian, UAE nationals, French, Italians or Germans behaving this way.Now of course any of our Brit scum responsible, will tell you that I am just an old toff, who probably used to live in Surrey and who obviously doesn’t know how to have fun. The fact is that they couldn’t be further from the truth, however, I am sure they will excuse themselves with that rationale and look forward to the next event they can dress up and fly the flag for classless Chav-land.Scott Lambert.Dubai "
Interesting hat :-))

No comments: