07 April 2007

Affair

I've been thinking about that married girl who met my friend in a coffee shop the other day. What drives her to do this I thought. I discussed the story with one of my female friends and was very surprised to know that a lot of the married ladies I know have had an affair at least once. The girl I spoke to has an ongoing affair and is very happy about it. However, she didn't want to change anything in her marriage.
This was a shocking revelation and reminded me of the behavior of some married men I met. I couldn't help but wonder: are women's desires actually similar to those of men's? And again, does monogamy come natural?

2 comments:

Clezevra said...

why shouldn't they be- aren't men and women equal- in all ways? and women are above all humans

Asya said...

couldn't agree more. but you hear about guys having a fling more than the girls. especially in this part of the world. it's even become some sort of an unspoken rule that guys can't be monogamous and it's natural for MEN to have different sexual partners.
these stories about cheating make me think: is monogamy natural at all? i mean for both women or men. can we love someone so much that we wouldn't be tempted to have a romantic/sexual affair with someone else EVER?